KEYNOTE SPEAKER - MARK GIBSON
Do you sometimes wonder...
what it would be like to really start exploring your curiosities instead of always repeating the familiar daily habit of playing keep-up in the game of life?
what if you just started acting on the assumption that success was inevitable instead of routinely rationalizing all your fears and apprehensions?
what you could achieve if you developed the perseverance to quit only when you had to instead of just habitually quitting when you want to?
Several years ago I wondered about these things.
Not long after that I ran 276 miles across the state of Pennsylvania.
CURIOSITY... AUDACITY... TENACITY
I became a C.A.T. Person.
Now I am on a mission to help others become C.A.T. People too.
Mark helps people at driven companies and organizations develop:
Curiosity to wonder "what if...?" Audacity to ask "why not?" Tenacity to see it through
Some of the curiosities I have explored...
- 3,400 mile bicycle ride across the US from Santa Cruz, CA to Ocean City, NJ
- 5,000 mile bicycle ride across Europe
- 600 mile skateboard journey from Washington DC to Ottawa, Canada
- 276 mile run across my home state of Pennsylvania from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia (averaging over a marathon a day)
- 100 mile run along the entire length of the Florida Keys from Key Largo to Key West (29 hours straight through)
- 87 mile run in 24 hours (just to see how far I could go)
- 26.2 mile marathon up and down the Art Museum (Rocky) steps in Philadelphia (because Rocky is awesome)
- 44 mile run/hike/crawl across the Grand Canyon and back (rim to rim to rim)
- 100km (62 miles) run around New York city
- trekked the 200 mile Annapurna circuit through the Nepal Himalayas
- scuba dived the Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- learned to surf/drown in Bali, Indonesia
- bicycled the length of Great Britain from my childhood hometown of Southampton to John O'Groats, Scotland
- biked 600 miles to Charleston from Philadelphia just to watch an eclipse in a rain storm (never saw the sun, but it did get dark)